2018 Reading Challenge
10 books I want to read in 2018. Over the last two years, I have slowly worked my way back into reading. I like setting goals for myself every year using goodreads to document what books I have read and what books I want to read. It does all the hard work for me! Set me a goal to read 25 books last year and was unable to read 25. I was only able to read 8 which is sad because the year before I was able to read 20 books so I thought for sure I could do 25. Since, I didn’t set aside enough time for me to read. (This post contains affiliate links and I can make a small commision if a purchase is made through the link. It is no extra cost you. Read the full disclosure.)
This year I am really pushing to reach my 40 book goal. I know I can do it if I set time aside to read. Started the year off with a book my husband bought me for Christmas but I have a whole list of books on Goodreads that I would love to read. Sharing a list of at least 10 books that I want to read for sure this year. I am hoping to complete at least one series this year along with dipping my toes into a new genre. I’m not posting a description only because I personally don’t like reading them. I feel as though they spoil it sometimes.
Not in any particular order just 10 books I want to try and read this year. If you are wanting to read some of these don’t forget to check your local libraries! If not you can order them through Amazon I love reading on my kindle from time to time. All the books are listed here for you. The first 2 books are in a trilogy I have read the first one which is Every Heart A Doorway which I gave 4 stars!
- Down Among the Sticks and Bones (Book #2 in Wayward Children trilogy)
2. The Sugar Sky (Book 3 in Wayward Children Trilogy) Also a New release. Releases this month.
3. Sunday’s at Tiffany’s I have owned this book for 2 years and just haven’t been able to get into it. So I am determined to read it this year.
4. Turtles All the Way Down I have read his book paper towns so hope this one is good. A lot of hype about it.
5. Everything Everything I know there is a movie out now but have to read the book before watching it.
6. Little Fires Everywhere On the best sellers list and has really great ratings so I am excited to pick this one up.
7. Orbiting Jupiter This has great ratings as well I tried to read it last year but my local library didn’t have it in.
8. Notes From My Captivity It has an avg of 4.0 rating so that means it should be good right?
9. Confess Colleen Hoover is one of my favorite authors. I found her 3 years ago and still trying to read all of her books.
10. Eleanor & Park has been on my to-read shelf the longest which is why I thought it would be great on this list.
That concludes my list of 10 books that I would like to read this year. I will update the list as I go along. I am starting small with these 10 and will add new books as I read from this list. Let me know if you have read any of these and what you thought about them.